Recording Professional Learning
Effective from 1 February 2018 all teachers must record their professional learning activities on the Teachers Portal.
For each professional learning activity you need to:
- retain an appropriate summary record on the Teachers Portal and
- keep supporting evidence demonstrating that you completed the activity for at least 12 months after each period of registration.
Upon your 3-yearly renewal, you will be asked to declare whether you have completed a minimum of 60 hours of professional learning within your current term of registration. It is optional to record more than 60 hours.
A number of renewal applications will be randomly selected for audit following the renewal process.
Please refer to Referencing Professional Learning to the Standards for examples of professional learning summary record entries.
Professional Learning Summary Record
For every professional learning activity undertaken you need to record on the Teachers Portal:
- Title and type of professional learning – the title and a brief description of the activity
- Starting date and Completion date – the date(s) on/over which you completed the activity
- Total hours – how much time you committed to the activity
- Evidence held – the type of evidence you have retained for the completion of this activity
- Standards - which of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (Standards) you consider the learning activity could be referenced to
- How does the learning connect to the Standards? – a brief description, in your own words, of how you have made a connection to the selected Standard/s.
Professional learning must be recorded on the Teachers Portal in one secure, online location.
How to use the My Professional Learning History Tool on the Teachers Portal
The video tutorials below are step-by-step guides on how to log on to the Teachers Portal and record your professional learning. You will be notified by email (or letter) if you are selected for the audit .Time will be given for you to update your professional learning record as required. The Board will then access the information from the Teachers Portal on the due date. You will be contacted if further information about your submission is required. You do not need to submit your actual pieces of supporting evidence to the Board unless specifically requested.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions and other pages in the Professional Learning menu for further information.