Professional learning opportunities
Autism SA workshops
- The Autism spectrum and adolescence; mental health and suicide prevention, Wednesday 31 May, 9:30am – 12:30pm, $85.
- Tackling the tough topics with people on the autism spectrum, Wednesday 31 May, 1:00pm – 4:00pm, $85.
- Work, rewards, breaks – how to schedule tasks to get the most from students on the autism spectrum, Wednesday 7 June, Solomontown Primary School, PORT PIRIE, 4:00pm-6:00pm, $50.
- Setting students on the autism spectrum up for success in the primary setting, Wednesday 14 June, 9:30am – 4:00pm, $170.
- Complex case management for students with an autism spectrum disorder, Monday 19 June, 1:00pm – 4:00pm, $85.
- Setting up ‘A’ and ‘B’ choices, Wednesday 21 June, 9:30am – 12:30pm, $85.
All sessions are held at 262 Marion Road, Netley unless otherwise indicated. Register at www.autismsa.org.au.
The Australian Literacy Educator’s Association SA presents Spelling it Out: How words work and how to teach them. Facilitated by Misty Adoniou, University of Canberra, the workshop will investigate multiple pathways to support learners understand how words work in English and how to spell them. Joseph’s School, Albemarle St, West Hindmarsh on Saturday 20 May, 9.00am to 12.30pm. $60 members; institutional members $80; non-members $100; student $30. Click here for more information.
UniSA Connect is offering the following, free of charge, at their Mawson Lakes Campus: Improving your 3D Printing, Wednesday 7 June, 4:00pm-6:00pm and; VX Connect to Sport Science, Tuesday 4 July, 9:00am-3:00pm. For more information click here.
The 2017 Institute of Educational Assessors conference is being held on Friday 9 June, 8:30m-3:00pm at the EDC 4 Milner Street, Hindmarsh, $130. The day will explore the impact of assessment in the teaching and learning process and the impact teachers’ assessment literacy has on the learning outcomes of students. Find out more here.
Kodaly SA presents an Instrumental music teaching workshop featuring guest presenter Dr David Banney. Saturday 20 May, 8:45am - 1:00pm, Adelaide West Uniting Church. $35 members, $65 non-members, $20 full time students. To register or for more information click here.
Learning 4 All presents Supporting reading development in the early years (3-8 years), with Dr Karyn Carson. Tuesday 30 May, 9:00am -3:30pm at The Highway, 290 Anzac Highway, Plympton, $140. Click here for more information or to register.
Learning 4 All presents Differentiation in the ‘Real World’: Effective planning and teaching for diverse secondary students, with Dr Jane Jarvis. Monday 29 May, 9:00am -3:30pm at The Highway, 290 Anzac Highway, Plympton, $140. Click here for more information or to register.
The SA French Teachers Association is holding their 2017 Annual Conference on Saturday 3 June, 8:30am-4:15pm, Balyana Conference Centre, 46 Strathcona Avenue, Clapham. Members $60, non-members $80, students $30. For more information or to book click here.
PLD Literacy & Learning present Literacy & Learning in the Foundation Years at the State Library of SA, 9:00am-3:00pm Wednesday 14 June. More information here.