Professional learning opportunities
The Australian College of Educators is holding Education on the Square with Emeritus Professor John Halsey. Wednesday 6 September, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm Flinders University, Victoria Square, Corner Flinders Street & Victoria Square, Adelaide. Free event, register by 5pm 5th September. For more information call (03) 9035 5473 or email@example.com.
Join the OzAsia Festival fun with a FREE Animal Pop –teachers professional learning workshop on Thursday 21 September 4:30pm – 6:30pm at the Adelaide Festival Centre’s CentrED. A blend of tribal dance from Indonesian Papua and hip-hop styles, Animal Pop dance workshops have the scope to connect to your curriculum and classroom context in numerous ways. This practical workshop is aimed at primary and middle school teachers looking to build their confidence in teaching dance. Please only register if you are confident you will be able to attend. Register here.
Margaret Menner workshops:
- Getting it Right with Guided Reading Tuesday 3 October, 8:30am – 3:30pm and;
- Getting it Write – Teaching Writing Explicitly Wednesday 4 October, 8:30 – 3:30pm
Costs for each workshop: Early bird by 29 September - $160; General - $195; Student - $100; TRT - $125 - plus booking fee. Both workshops are at the Henley Beach Surf Life Saving Club, 246 The Esplanade, Henley Beach. To find out more or register click here.
The Career Development Association of Australia and Col McCowan OAM are presenting a half-day event, Career Education and Development: A guide for personnel in education for career practitioners and education staff. Wednesday 13 September, 1:00pm – 6:00pm at the Hartley Institute, Capper Street, Kent Town, $88. For more information or to register click here.
The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement is holding a Supporting Children & Adolescents Experiencing Grief & Loss workshop. Tuesday 19 September, 9:30am – 4:30pm at Cliftons Adelaide, Level 1, 80 King William Street, Adelaide. Members $290, non-members $345. To find out more or to register click here.
Literacy Solutions is offering:
- Intervention Strategies for teachers of years 2-6, Tuesday 24 October, Glenelg Golf Club, James Melrose Road, Novar Gardens. Full day, $275 + GST.
- Guided Reading years Reception to 6, Tuesday 24 October, 90 minutes, after school, $85. Glenelg Golf Club, James Melrose Road, Novar Gardens.
- The Six Traits of Writing, Wednesday 25 October, Glenelg Golf Club, James Melrose Road, Novar Gardens. Full day $275 + GST.
Ann Baker from Natural Maths is holding a Space and Measurement in the Early Years workshop to share her thinking and ideas around the development of spatial thinking and measurement sense in the early years (preschool and junior primary). Wednesday 4 October, 9:00am – 3:00pm at the Education Development Centre, 4 Milner Street, Hindmarsh. Cost $135. To register or find out more click here.
Musica Viva is holding a free Introduction to Jazz & Improvisation workshop with Adam Page that will look at concepts and exercises to entice and encourage creativity in the classroom. With a strong focus on artistic spontaneity using traditional methods and new technologies, this workshop will help teachers inspire students to be more creative, work in a group situation and have fun at the same time. Tuesday 26 September, 3:20pm – 4:50pm. Aldinga Beach B-7 School, 58 Quinliven Rd, Aldinga. To book click here.
Discover Office 365 in the Classroom for South Australian DECD Teachers. A free event on Wednesday 27 September, 2:00pm – 5:00pm. Microsoft Innovation Centre, Level 12, 147 Pirie Street, Adelaide. To find out more and to register click here.
Free Student-Led Conference in Education: Current trends in education. Thursday 21 September, 8:30am-6:00pm at the University of Adelaide, Napier Building, Adelaide. To find out more and to register click here.
Autism SA is holding Setting students on the autism spectrum up for success in the primary setting on Wednesday 13 September, 9:30am-4:00pm, 262 Marion Road, Netley. Cost is $175 members, $180 non-members. To find out more or to register click here.
The Mindful Teacher Program is a five hour introductory program designed for teachers and educators.
Aberfoyle Park: Wed 6 Sept & 20 Sept, 4.00-6.30pm. Book here.
Hindmarsh: Sat 9 Sept & 23 Sept, 9.00-11.30am. Book here.
Mawson Lakes: Wed 13 Sept & 27 Sept, 4.00-6.30pm. Book here.
Cost $155. More information about the program can be found at here.
Learning 4 All - Liberty Gates and Nicole Eglinton are holding an Auditory Processing Disorder: What is it and what can I do? workshop for primary and secondary classroom teachers. Monday 18 September, 9:00am – 3:30pm, $140. For more information and to register click here.
Teressa Reschke & Bronwyn Timko are holding a Programs and Tools to use with Students with Disabilities workshop for years 3-8 teachers. Tuesday 19 September, 9:00am – 3:30pm, $140. For more information and to register click here. Workshops will be held at The Highway, 290 Anzac Highway, Plympton.
Little Lessons Australia presents:
- Madhavi Nawana Parker is holding The Resilience and Wellbeing Toolbox for educators and health professionals (working with children from kindy-7). Wednesday 27 September, 4:00pm – 6:30pm at the Murray Bridge & District Community Club, Sturt Reserve, Murray Bridge. $75 plus booking fee, click here to book. Bookings close 11 September. For more information contact Leanne on 0438 752 877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The value and values of social and emotional literacy (SEL) with Mark Le Messurier. How do you teacher SEL and why? A day showcasing What’s the Buzz? as ‘one way’ to teach SEL. At Thyme @ The Lakes, 17 Lake Terrace West, MOUNT GAMBIER on Thursday 12 October, 9:15am – 3:15pm, $170. Bookings no later than 25 September. To book or find out more email email@example.com or Tel: 0438 752 877.