Professional learning opportunities
Online professional learning
Check out our page of online professional learning sites here.
- The Anxiety Curve: What to do when an individual on the spectrum is escalating. Wednesday 21 March, 9:30am-4:00pm, members $165, non-members $175.
- Using A and B choices in the Schools Setting. Wednesday 28 March, 9:30am-12:30pm, members $85, non-members $90.
- Increasing Student Engagement Through Careful Scheduling: Work, rewards and breaks. Wednesday 28 March, 1:00pm–4:00pm, members $85, non-members $90.
All workshops are being held at Autism SA, 262 Marion Road, Netley. Find our more information here.
Excel Intermediate/Advanced, Wednesday 22 March, 9:00am – 3:30pm at the Hartley Institute, Cnr Capper Street and The Parade, Kent Town. Cost $220. For more information click here.
Drama SA is holding two Producing School Performances workshops that will provide a step by step guide to producing a school or community performance. Suitable for early childhood teachers, R-7 teachers and performing arts teachers.
Nazareth Catholic College, 176 Crittenden Road, Findon. For one workshop DSA member $70, non-member $90, for two workshops DSA member $120, non-member $160. Ticket sales close 9pm Friday 9 March.
The South Australian Science Teachers Association is holding their 2018 Annual Conference on Monday 16 & Tuesday 17 April at Adelaide High School. It will include two keynote presentations, six cutting edge presentations and over 40 workshop sessions. For more information and to register click here.
Little Lessons Australia is holding Literacy & Music: ‘communicating, creating and making meaning through music, movement, dance and drama’ with Carol Biddiss. A workshop for preschool, JP teachers, early childhood educators, directors and managers of early learning centres. On Wednesday 4 April, 4:30pm – 6:30pm at Seaford Community Centre, Beechwood Grove, Seaford. Cost $77 pp, early bird $70 (book by March 5). To book click here. Bookings close 19 March.
Mentoring Early Childhood Teachers to reach (full) Registration.
Gowrie SA has teamed with CCCSA and the Teachers Registration Board in an exciting new mentoring project, to support small groups of ECTs and their centre Director, through the process of transitioning to (full) Registration. Click here to find out more.
The Australian Special Education Principals Association (ASEPA) is holding their 2018 conference Turning Tides - Inspiring Minds in collaboration with the SA sector South Australian Special Education Principals and Leaders Association. At the Stamford Grand, Glenelg, Wednesday 16 to Friday 13 May. For more information and to register click here.
ACHPER SA is holding their Health & PE Conference on Monday 16 & Tuesday 17 April at Rostrevor College, Woodforde. Find out more here.
Headspace in Schools is running a series of free webinars to support schools in continuing or beginning their KidsMatter or MindMatters implementation. To register visit: Get Involved/Events or Upcoming Sessions
The Australian Science and Maths School is holding the following events in 2018:
- STEM Leadership, a two-day program that explores characteristics of leadership for high quality STEM teaching and learning. Term 2 – Monday 14 and Monday 28 May OR Term 4 – Monday 29 October and Friday 16 November, 8:30am-4:00pm.
- Early Career Teachers in STEM, designed to complement induction programs in schools and DECD and aims to provide support for ECT in the early years with particular focus on STEM. Four days available, 8:30am-4:00pm. Friday 23 March, Monday 18 June, Friday 14 September or Friday 23 November.
- ASMS Educator Open Days, the day will include class observations, school tour and questions with ASMS students, sessions with a focus on innovative approaches such as interdisciplinary learning and inquiry pedagogies. One day each term, 8:30am-4:00pm. Monday 26 February, Friday 29 June, Monday 13 August or Thursday 1 November.
All events are free for DECD staff and $100 per session for non-DECD staff. All events are being held at the ASMS, Flinders University, Bedford Park. Please contact Karla Pobke (8201 5686) for registration costs. Visit the ASMS website for more professional learning STEM opportunities.
The Mindful Classroom presents the Mindful Teacher program over two 2.5 hour sessions at:
All sessions cost $155.
A five hour online mindfulness & wellbeing program starts on 2 March. $125 per person. Click here for more details.