Skip to Content

I’m currently registered as a teacher in VIC, ACT, QLD, WA, NT, TAS or NZ

If you hold current registration in another state or territory in Australia or New Zealand, you can apply under Mutual Recognition using an Application for Teacher Registration under Mutual Recognition.

Teachers with NSW accreditation are not eligible to apply under Mutual Recognition to South Australia. Please refer to one of the following options:

A paperclip symbol appears in the application indicating the sections of the forms requiring supporting documents.

All supporting documents must be a correctly certified copy of the original document.  An acceptable person to certify the documents is a Justice of the Peace.

All supporting documents must be in English. Documents not in English must be translated by a translator accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI). Documents not in English and the translation must be lodged with the application form.

The following list indicates the supporting documents required to be included in the application form

  • full birth certificate
  • photographic identity e.g. drivers licence or passport
  • name change document if applicable e.g. deed poll certificate, marriage certificate or decree nisi
  • proof of identity documents to satisfy the 100 point identity check
  • evidence of your current registration e.g. card or certificate from the state that you are currently registered

You will also need to provide payment of the appropriate fees.

Under the mutual recognition agreement, your qualifications are not assessed. If you want your qualifications entered on the Register of Teachers in South Australia and printed on your Certificate of Teacher Registration, you must provide an original or certified copy of your  official academic transcript stating the completion/conferral date of the award.

Under mutual recognition you are not required to provide evidence that you have completed the full day mandatory notification training (responding to abuse and neglect training) prior to finalisation of your registration.  However, you may be required to complete this training prior to teaching children. This relates to an employment requirement. 

In addition, before you renew your registration in South Australia a correctly certified copy of the full day training will be required.  You can post this certificate in to us on completion of your course.