29th ACHPER International Conference - A Professional Learning Opportunity
Expressions of Interest are invited from registered teachers who are interested in Health & Physical Education.
If this applies to you then read on…
Details of the Conference can be viewed on the ACHPER website: www.achper.org.au/professionallearning/international-conference
Conditions of sponsorship
- The Board will fund the conference fee only for a limited number of registered teachers to attend the conference from 13 to 15 April 2015.
- All other associated expenses and/or arrangements to attend the conference are the responsibility of each successful applicant.
- Successful applicants agree to submit a report to the Board. Excerpts from reports may be published in the Board’s Annual Newsletter or on the website. All reports will be presented to the Board in May 2015. (See Conference Report for details)
- Expressions of Interest from registered teachers must be submitted no later than the close of business on Monday 23 February 2015. Successful applicants will be notified. This decision will be final. The sponsorship is not transferable.
Conference Report for those teachers selected for sponsorship
The Board understands the importance of teachers being given opportunities and support to reflect on and inquire into teaching and learning.
One important condition of attending the conference through Board sponsorship is the requirement to provide at least a two page report to the Board.
The report should:
- address issues of interest to the sponsored teacher or highlights of the conference
- detail the ways in which the sponsored teacher will make a contribution regarding the conference at the staff/school/site or network level and/or detail how aspects of learning from the conference will be shared with colleagues and/or learners, parents, families or the school community.