Festival of Music Conference - A Professional Learning Opportunity
Expressions of Interest are invited from registered temporary relief teachers who would like to be involved in the Festival of Music. If you attend this conference you will become an affiliate with the Festival of Music allowing you to be placed on the list of relief teachers who are able to take Festival Choir.
If this applies to you then read on…
Details of the Conference can be viewed on the Festival of Music website: http://www.festivalofmusic.org.au/trt-affiliation.html.
Conditions of sponsorship
- The Board will fund the conference fee for a limited number of temporary relief teachers to attend the conference on 11-12 February 2016.
- All other associated expenses and/or arrangements to attend the conference are the responsibility of each successful applicant.
- Successful applicants agree to submit a report to the Board. Excerpts from reports may be published in the Board’s annual newsletter or on our website. All reports will be presented to the Board in May 2016 (See Conference Report below for details).
- Expressions of Interest from registered teachers must be submitted no later than the close of business on Friday 22 January 2016. Successful applicants will be notified shortly after this date. This decision will be final. The sponsorship is not transferable.
Conference Report for those teachers selected for sponsorship
The Board understands the importance of teachers being given opportunities and support to reflect on and inquire into teaching and learning.
One important condition of attending the conference through Board sponsorship is the requirement to provide at least a two page report to the Board.
The report should:
- address issues of interest to the sponsored teacher or highlights of the conference
- detail the ways in which the sponsored teacher will make a contribution regarding the conference at the staff/school/site or network level and/or detail how aspects of learning from the conference will be shared with colleagues and/or learners, parents, families or the school community.