TRB Conference ‘Connecting teachers, supporting growth’ 2016
The 2016 TRB Conference ‘Connecting teachers, supporting growth’ was held at the Crowne Plaza, Hindmarsh Square on Friday 12 August, where our much anticipated Professional Learning Report was released. The report’s author Associate Professor Debra Panizzon highlighted some of her key findings in an insightful presentation which together with other keynote speakers Professor Dianne Mayer from the University of Sydney and Professor David Giles from Flinders University gave the audience plenty to reflect upon regarding the current status of the teaching profession and the changes and challenges it is facing.
Other speakers included Adelaide to Outback GP Training Program CEO Dr Tim Kelly, Jayne Hartwig from the Women’s and Children’s Hospital and Melissa White from the Department of Education and Child Development.
Click on the links below to read their presentations. Videos of all presentations are available below.
Finally, the Teachers Registration Board would like to say thank you to all of the speakers for their contribution to a very successful program.
It was great to see so many teachers exchanging ideas, networking and having the opportunity to listen to some very interesting speakers. Thank you to all those who attended, organised and contributed to making the 2016 conference such a successful event.
- Associate Professor Debra Panizzon – Professional Learning Project Report
- Professor Dianne Mayer– Evidence of Effectiveness of Teacher Education
- Dr Peter Lind – Scope TRBSA Induction Mentoring Project
- Professor David Giles - Professional Relationships
- Dr Tim Kelly – Outback Doctors – Induction and Mentoring
- Jayne Hartwig – Nurses – Induction and Mentoring
- Melissa White – Supporting Early Career Teachers
- Professional Learning Project Report - Associate Professor Debra Panizzon
- Evidence of Effectiveness of Teacher Education - Professor Dianne Mayer
- Professional Relationships - Professor David Giles
- Outback Doctors – Induction and Mentoring – Dr Tim Kelly
- Nurses – Induction and Mentoring – Jayne Hartwig
- Supporting Early Career Teachers – Melissa White