EdTechSA 2017: STEAMING AHEAD: Navigating a Digital Future - A Professional Learning Opportunity
Expressions of Interest are invited from pre-service and early career teachers who would like to attend the Steaming Ahead Conference.
Details of the Conference can be viewed on the EdTech SA website.
If this applies to you then read on…
Conditions of sponsorship
- The Board will fund the conference fee for a limited number of pre-service and early career teachers to attend the conference on 19-20 July 2017.
- All other associated expenses and/or arrangements to attend the conference are the responsibility of each successful applicant.
- Successful applicants agree to submit a report to the Board. Excerpts from reports will be published on our website. All reports will be presented to the Board in September 2017 (See Conference Report below for details).
- Expressions of Interest from pre-service and early career registered teachers must be submitted no later than the close of business on Friday 30 June 2017. Successful applicants will be notified shortly after this date. This decision will be final. The sponsorship is not transferable.
Conference Report for those teachers selected for sponsorship
The Board understands the importance of teachers being given opportunities and support to reflect on and inquire into teaching and learning.
An important condition of attending the conference through Board sponsorship is the requirement to provide a minimum two page report to the Board.
The report should:
- address issues of interest to the sponsored teacher or highlights of the conference
- detail the ways in which the sponsored teacher will make a contribution regarding the conference at the staff/school/site or network level and/or detail how aspects of learning from the conference will be shared with colleagues and/or learners, parents, families or the school community.