Professional learning opportunities
The SA Science Teachers Association is holding the following workshops:
- Teachers new to SACE Stage 2 Biology, Monday 20 February, 9.00am- 3.30pm
- Teachers new to SACE Stage 2 Chemistry, Monday 20 February, 9.00am- 3.30pm
- Teachers new to SACE Stage 2 Physics, Friday 24 February, 9.00am- 3.30pm
- Teachers new to SACE Stage 1 & 2 Psychology, Friday 24 February, 9.00am – 3.30pm
- Teachers new to SACE Stage 1 & 2 Nutrition, Friday 3 March, 9.00am – 3.30pm.
All being held at the Education Development Centre, Hindmarsh. More information here.
The Mindful Classroom is a program to learn about mindfulness and how it can be used to create calm and space to be fully present as an educator.
- Tuesday 7 February – 7 March, 6:30-7:30pm, Twelve25 Salisbury Youth Centre, 17 Wilshire Street, Salisbury, $155. More information here.
- Wednesday 8 February – 8 March, 5:15-6:15pm, Fullarton Community Centre, 144 Fullarton Road, Fullarton, $155. More information here.
- Saturday 18 February & 4 March, 9:00-11:30pm, two x 2.5 hour sessions at Berri Hotel, Riverview Drive, Berri, $155. More information here.
- Saturday 18 February & 4 March, 2:00-4:30pm, two x 2.5 hour sessions at the Vine Inn, 14 Murray Street, Nuriootpa $155. More information here.
National Future Schools Expo & Conference, Melbourne Convention Centre, Thursday 23 and Friday 24 March. More information here.
PLD Literacy & Learning present Literacy & Learning in the Foundation Years at the State Library of SA, 9:00am-3:00pm Thursday 23 March. More information here.
|Dr Simon Breakspear is holding a two-day Agile Change Leadership program designed to build the capabilities needed to lead high-impact change in schools. Being held on Tuesday 28 and Wednesday 1 March, 9:00am – 4:00pm at The Hartley Institute, Kent Town, $660. Find out more here.
The Australian Council for Educational Leaders is holding a Strengths Based Schools workshop on Monday 27 February, Port Lincoln Yacht Club, Tasman Terrace, Port Lincoln. More information here.
The Ethnic Schools Association of SA is holding an Education Gaming workshop at 6:00pm – 8:00pm, Wednesday 15 February at the Safe Place Training Rooms, 147 Goodwood Road, Goodwood. More information here.
LEARN Autism for School is being held on Tuesday 14 February, 9:30m-4:30pm, EDC, 4 Milner Street, Hindmarsh. More information here.
‘A personal Journey into the World of the brain’ is a presentation by Barbara Arrowsmith-Young, the director of the Arrowsmith Program and Arrowsmith School. Barbara will talk about her journey of discovery, the lines of research she combined and the outcomes achieved over her 35 years as an educator and researcher. Principles of neuroplasticity and the factors leading to both positive and negative brain change will be discussed. Concordia College Chapel, cnr Balmoral & Cheltenham Street Highgate, $15pp. To find out more and register click here.
The Australian Literacy Educators’ Association of SA is holding Up Close and Personal: Engaging instructional practices to bring out the best in readers on Saturday 25 February, 9:00am – 12:30pm at Unley Primary School, 222 Wattle Street, Malvern. More information here.
The Association of Secondary Research Teachers 2017 Conference offers pedagogical training professional dialogue and networking opportunities for research project teachers, SACE coordinators, librarians and ESOs. Saturday 18 February, 8:45am -3:30pm at Prince Alfred College, 23 Dequetteville Terrace, Kent Town, $75. More information here or email Jasmin at email@example.com.