Professional learning opportunities
Social Skills for Children/Students with Diverse Needs
- Woodcroft Neighbourhood Centre, 175 Bains Road, Morphett Vale, Thursday 9 March, 4:30-6:00pm, early $29, normal $39.
- Sophia Conference Centre, 225 Cross Road Cumberland Park, Monday 27 March, 5:00 – 6:30pm, early $29, normal $39.
The Geography Teachers Association of SA is holding a Digital Mapping Skills workshop. Thursday 9 March, 4:30-6:30pm at Concordia College, 24 Winchester Street, Highgate, $100 non-members. Email email@example.com for more information.
The Mindful Classroom is offering a two week program of 2.5 hour sessions to learn about mindfulness and how it can be used to create calm and space to be fully present as an educator.
- Saturday 18 March & 1 April, 9:00-11:30am, McCracken Country club, Victor Harbor, $155. More information here.
- Saturday 18 March & 1 April, 1:30 – 4:00pm, Round House, 146 Railway Terrace, Murray Bridge. More information here.
- Hindmarsh: Sat 25 March & Sat 8 April, 9:00-11:30am. More information here.
- Mawson Lakes: Wed 29 March & Wed 12 April, 4:00-6:30pm Cost $155. More information here.
Learning 4 All presents a special education information session with Mark Le Messurier for primary and secondary school teachers.
Hands on Activities and Ideas to Build Trusting Relationships and Improve Learning Outcomes with Tricky Students, Monday 20 March, 9.00am – 3.30pm, The Highway, 290 Anzac Highway, Plympton $140. More information here.
Little Lessons is holding a workshop ‘Understanding Dyslexia’ with Kay Bosworth. Tuesday 21 March at 6:45pm – 8:15pm at the Cove Civic Centre, 1 Ragamuffin Drive, Hallett Cove, $55 + booking fee. Find out more information here.
The Hartley Institute is offering the following:
- Introduction to Leadership Coaching, a two-day workshop focussing on the performance conversations and managing hard feedback using a coaching approach. Tuesday 28 and Wednesday 29 March, 8:30am – 4:00pm, cost $660. More information here.
- Embedding design technologies across the curriculum (Yrs 3-5), Tuesday 14 March, 4:30-6:30pm, cost $22. More information here.
- Embedding design technologies across the curriculum (Yrs 6-8), Tuesday 21 March, 4:30-6:30pm, cost $22. More information here.
All workshops to be held at The Hartley Institute, Cnr Capper Street & The Parade West, Kent Town
The Hartley Institute is offering a New Teachers Program, a year-long program specifically designed for teachers in their first five years of teaching. The first workshop is on Thursday 23 March and the last workshop is on Monday 11 September. All workshops are at The Hartley Institute, Kent Town, cost $1400. More information here.
Autism SA workshops
- Work, rewards, breaks - getting the most from students on the Autism spectrum, Wednesday 15 March, 1:00–4:00pm.
- Proactive prevention of meltdowns for people on the Autism spectrum, Wednesday 22 March, 9:30am – 4:00pm
- The anxiety curve; what to do when a person on the Autism spectrum is escalating, Wednesday 29 March, 9:30am–4:00pm
UniSA Connect are holding, Engineers Without Borders, free of charge, at their Mawson Lakes Campus, Thursday 16 March, 4:00pm-6:00pm. For more information click here.