Professional learning opportunities
Bronwyn Custance presents How Language Works: Success in literacy and learning - a comprehensive and innovative professional development program for educators seeking to extend their understanding about language and literacy. Being held in the school holidays and also in Term 3. Click here for more information.
The TRB is holding three free sessions on Registration Renewal (1:00pm-2:30pm) and Transitioning from Provisional to (full) Registration (3:00pm-4:00pm):
- Hickenbotham Oval, 1 Lovelock Drive, Noarlunga, 1:00pm – 4:00pm, Monday 10 July
- The Hartley Institute, Prince Alfred College, Kent Town, 1:00pm – 4:00pm, Wednesday 12 July and;
- UniSA, Mawson Lakes, 1:00pm – 4:00pm, Thursday 3 July
To book your preferred location click on the links above.
Natural Maths in the school holidays with Ann Baker. Ann is running An Introduction to Natural Maths, 9:00am – 3:00pm on Tuesday 18 July, $136 and an Early Years Number Sense workshop for preschool/junior primary teachers, 9:00am – 3:00pm on Wednesday 18 July, $136. Both are being held at the EDC, 4 Milner Street, Hindmarsh. Find out more here.
DECD is holding their Inclusive Ed Expo from Monday 10 July Wednesday 12 July. At the Education Development Centre, 4 Milner Street, Hindmarsh on 10 & 11 July and at the Special Education Resource Unit, Henley Beach on the 12 July. Students, SSOs and parents - $25, teachers and support services - $30. Find out more by visiting the SERU website. DECD staff click here to register. For all non-DECD staff please call 8235 2871 or email Julie Cakebread to register.
The Mathematical Association of South Australia is holding a 2017 Early Career Teachers of Mathematics Conference. At St Peter’s College Junior School, North Terrace on Friday 21 July. $110 teachers, $55 pre-service teachers. Register here by 29 June.
The Kodaly Early Childhood Music Conference Sing, Play, Learn, for all early childhood educators, is being held on Wednesday 11 and Thursday 12 of July at the Trinity Gardens Children’s Centre. $250 for two days or $150 for one day. To register click here or email Margaret Lange email@example.com.
The Hartley Institute is holding:
All workshops are being held at 54 Capper Street, Kent Town.
Edufolios is holding the following:
- Leveraging Technology to Improve Practice at Microsoft HQ Level 12, 47 Pirie Street Adelaide on Monday 10 July, 1:00pm – 3:00pm. Cost $5.96.
- Quick wins with Skype, Forms, Office Mix, OneDrive, Sway and more. Tuesday 11 July 9:00am – 3:00pm at Flinders University, Sturt Road, Bedford Park. FREE event.
- Discover Office 365 in the Classroom at Microsoft HQ Level 12, 47 Pirie Street Adelaide on Wednesday 12 July, 9:30am – 12:30pm. Cost FREE
- Pirates. Risktaker. Connectors – The Ethics & Protocols of the ICT Gen Cap at EDC, 4 Milner Street, Hindmarsh on Tuesday 18 July, 9:00am – 4:00pm, $165.
Autism SA workshops
- Understanding the Autism Spectrum, Wednesday 12 July, 9:30am-12:30pm.
- Strategies to support individuals on the Autism Spectrum, Wednesday 12 July, 1:00pm-4:00pm
Both sessions are being held at 262 Marion Road, Netley. $85 members, $90 non-members. Register at www.autismsa.org.au.
$20,000 DECD Masters for Teachers Scholarships – applications are now open. Are you are a permanent DECD teacher looking to start a Masters degree in 2018? The DECD Masters for Teachers Scholarship program could assist you! Over 50 scholarships are available. Find out more and access the application form here.
A one day Brain Gym® Workshop is being held on Saturday 15 July at Thebarton Community Centre, South Road, Torrensville, 9:00am-5:00pm.
A four day Brain Gym®101 course will run from Saturday 15 – Tuesday 18 July. Cost $680. Contact Heather Gibbons for more information and to register: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0407 978 335.