Professional learning opportunities
The last TRB sessions on Renewal Requirements & Transition are being held this week:
- Hickenbotham Oval, 1 Lovelock Drive, Noarlunga, 1:00pm – 4:00pm, Monday 10 July
- The Hartley Institute, Prince Alfred College, Kent Town, 1:00pm – 4:00pm, Wednesday 12 July and;
- UniSA, Mawson Lakes, 1:00pm – 4:00pm, Thursday 13 July
To book your preferred location click on the links above.
The South Australian Institute of Education Research is holding a seminar: School Education – Improvement or Paradigm Shift?, with Carolyn Grantskalns, CE of the Association of Independent Schools of SA. Tuesday 25 July, 7:00pm – 8:30pm. ACER Adelaide Office, 186B Pulteney Street, Adelaide.
The University of Adelaide offers the Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults for people who are interested in teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) in Australia or overseas and wish to gain a qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Find out more information here.
The ACER Research Conference, Leadership for Improving Learning: Insights from research is being held at the Melbourne Convention Centre from Sunday 27 – Tuesday 29 August. Early bird (by 14 July) $770, full price $880, group booking (5 or more) $695. Find out more here.
Little Lessons Australia presents Supporting Phonological Awareness Development in Preschool and Early School-Aged Children with Dr Karyn Carson, for educators working with children 4-6 years of age. Monday 21 August, 2:00pm – 4:20pm, Flagstaff Hill Golf Club, Flagstaff Hill, $65 plus booking fee. For more information or to book click here.
An Early Career Teachers Conference is being held on Thursday 20th July 2017 (2nd week of the school holidays) at Vale Park Primary School from 8:45am to 3:30pm. Designed for all early career and pre-service teachers from pre-school to Year 12 Find out more here. Member of a CEASA Association $63.69, Non-member $84.59, pre-service teacher $42.79.
Generation Next presents The Mental Health & Wellbeing of Young People 2017 at Adelaide Town Hall. Friday 28 July 9:00am-5:00pm. Find out more here.
Autism SA workshops
- Supporting students on the Autism Spectrum for SSO/ESO’s, Wednesday 2 August, 9:30–4:00pm.
- Setting up break places for people on the Autism spectrum in the classroom, Wednesday 16 August, 9:30am – 4:00pm.
- OHSC, holiday programs and Autism: How to support people on the spectrum, Wednesday 23 August, 9:30am–4:00pm.
- How to support students on the Autism spectrum in the early years, Thursday 24 August, 9:30am–4:00pm.
All sessions are $165 members and $175 for non-members and will be held at 262 Marion Road, Netley, Register at www.autismsa.org.au.
Learning 4 All
- Education, Special Education & Wellbeing for primary schools, Why Doesn’t Learning Stick? Strategies to maximise learning, attention and behaviour by supporting working memory & emotional regulation with Joanna Buttfield and Helen Broomhall. $140. Monday 31 July, 9.00am – 3.30pm.
- Wellbeing & Education Workshop for early learning and primary schools, What’s the Buzz?: a practical resource to develop social skills and resilience with Mark Le Messurier. $140. Monday 7 August 9.00am – 3.30pm.
Both sessions will be held at The Highway, 290 Anzac Highway, Plympton. More information here.
Phil Beadle, an award winning teacher and education consultant from the UK, is holding two professional learning days in Adelaide:
Each day is $314.49pp or $262.24pp in a group of four or more.