Professional learning opportunities
Online Mindful Teacher five week course starts on 4 August, $125. Find out more here.
The Hartley Institute is holding:
All workshops are being held at 54 Capper Street, Kent Town.
SA Numeracy & Literacy Forum Exploring Critical and Creative Learning, Monday 28th August & Tuesday 29th August. This exciting new forum over two days will enable classroom teachers, preschool and school leaders to share, show and debate numeracy and literacy practices to develop learner capabilities to generate and evaluate knowledge, clarify concepts and ideas, seek new possibilities, consider alternatives and solve problems. For more information and to register click here.
Learning Difficulties Australia in conjunction with SPELD SA and Dyslexia SA and supported by DECD presents Dr Maryanne Wolf & Dr Lorraine Hammond, From the Lab to the Classroom: New Directions in Dyslexia Research. Tuesday 22 August, 8:45am – 3:00pm, Adelaide Pavilion Veale Gardens, corner South Terrace & Peacock Roads. Members $240, non-members $260, student $200. Groups of five or more $230 each. To register click here.
Mindful Teacher Program
- Mawson Lakes: Wednesday 2 & 16 August, 4:00pm-6:30pm
- Hindmarsh: Saturday 5 & 19 August, 9:00am-11:30am
- Thebarton: Thursday 31 August &14 September, 4:00pm-6:30pm
- Aberfoyle Park: Wednesday 6 & 20 September, 4:00pm-6:30pm
- Hindmarsh: Saturday 9 & 23 September, 9:00am-11:30am
- Mawson Lakes: Wednesday 13 & 27 September, 4:00pm-6:30pm.
All programs $154.70.
The Office of the Children’s eSafety Commissioner is offering three webinars; Building digital intelligence, Teachers, Technology and the Law and Navigating the eSafety website. Find out more here.
Dolly Bhargava, a speech pathologist with a Masters in Special Education, is holding two Adelaide workshops:
Both workshops are being held at the Adelaide Meeting Room, Level 5, 97 Pirie Street, Adelaide. For more information click here.
The Australian Council for Educational Leaders (ACEL) presents a Ben Walden workshop Henry V Inspirational Leadership on Friday 18 August at the Hilton Hotel, Adelaide. This workshop uses Shakespeare’s play to look at major educational leadership themes at every level of school life. ACEL member $440, non-member $480. Find out more here.
Gowrie SA has released its July – December 2017 professional learning and development guide for teachers and educators working in preschool, early years of school and early childhood education and care settings. To access the guide click here.
Learning 4 All presents:
- Supporting Phonological Awareness and Early Reading Development in Primary Schools for special education and primary school teachers. Tuesday 15 August, 9:00am-3:30pm at The Highway, 290 Anzac Highway, Plympton, $140. For more information and to register click here.
- Help! What Do I Do with Students Who Struggle with Speech, Language & Literacy for school assistants working with students in mainstream, special units, special classes and special schools. Monday 14 August, 9:00am-3:30pm at The Highway, 290 Anzac Highway, Plympton, $140. For more information and to register click here.
The Annual Legal Education and HASS Teachers Conference is being held on Friday 11 August on the 5th Floor Adelaide University Law School from 9:15am to 3:30pm. Featuring Speakers on Aboriginal Land Rights and Sport and the Law as well as various workshops on ICT for the Classroom and Conversation Hubs on Yr 12, Yr 11 and Civics and Citizenship. Pre-service teachers $40, members $90, non-members $120. For more information and registration: www.letasa.com