Professional learning opportunities
Principals Australia Institute is holding a one-day Teacher Wellbeing workshop designed to enable teachers and school staff members to build resilience in and out of the classroom. Being held at DECD, 3/7 Mortlock Terrace, Port Lincoln, Tuesday 21 November from 9:00am – 4:00pm, $395. Register here.
Gowrie SA is holding The Emerging Languages of Mathematics series of workshops with Catherine McCluskey. Educators will learn about noticing, wondering about, and engaging with the emerging languages of mathematics young children reveal through their play. Dates are: Friday 3, 10, 17 and 24 of November, 12:00pm-4:00pm. Thebarton Community Centre, corner South Road & Ashwin Parade, Torrensville, cost $300. Book here.
Children/Students with Autism: Strategies for Educators
- Woodcroft Neighbourhood Centre, 175 Bains Road, Morphett Vale, Thursday 2 November, 5:00-6:30pm, early registration $29, standard $39. Find out more here.
- Sophia Conference Centre, 225 Cross Road Cumberland Park, Monday 13 November, 5:00 – 6:30pm, early registration $29, standard $39. Find out more here.
The South Australian Science Teachers Association is holding their 6-11 STEM Conference and Expo on Friday 1 December. For more information click here.
The Economics Teachers Society of South Australia is holding their Annual Conference on Friday 17 November at UniSA City West Campus. Free for members. For more information email Chris Burrows, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Berry Street Childhood Institute presents Robert Tucker: Working with children & young people with harmful sexual behaviours. Monday 23 October, 9:30am – 4:30pm. Next Gen, War Memorial Drive, North Adelaide. Cost $240. Register here by 20 October.
- The Anxiety Curve: What to do when a person on the Autism Spectrum is escalating. Wednesday 8 November, 9:30am-4:00pm, members $165, non-members $175.
- Setting Students on the Autism Spectrum Up for Success in the High School Setting. Wednesday 15 November, 9:30pm- 4:00pm, members $165, non-members $175.
- Building Independence Using Structured Teaching. Wednesday 15 November, 4:30pm-6:30pm, members $50, non-members $55.
All sessions are held at Autism SA, 262 Marion Road, Netley. For more information click here.
The Mindful Classroom is a program to learn about mindfulness and how it can be used to create calm and space to be fully present as an educator.
Cost $155. More information here.
The Early Childhood Organisation is holding a learning exhibition – Making Our Own Road – Between Adelaide and Reggio Emilia on Saturday 28 October, 9:00am-1:00pm at St Andrews School, 22 Smith Street, Walkerville. Cost $100 members, students/SSOs $50, non-members $150. For more information email email@example.com.