Professional learning opportunities
Agile Schools Summit: Empowering teacher learning is being held at the Amora Hotel, 11 Jamison Street, Sydney on Monday 19 March 2018. To find out more and book click here.
You have until the end of this week to sign up for the Ideal Learning online professional learning offer. All South Australian teachers can purchase 30 hours of self-paced online professional learning in Neuroeducation for a total price of $99+GST. If you are a TRT who is not connected to a school please use your home address and write 'SA TRB' for your place of employment and principal. Teachers don't have to be an Ideal Learning member, or a school member. This is a standalone special offer for South Australian teachers who click the link below. If you have previously purchased one of these courses, the rest of the courses in the list will be added to those you have already purchased. To find out more click here.
The Institute for Brain-based Education is holding the Australasian Conference of Brain-based Education: Theory and Practice of Applied Brain-based Pedagogy at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Thursday 1 and Friday 2 March 2018. The conference will showcase recent research and directions of effective pedagogy and learning from a neural perspective. It will provide educators with a mix of research, brain-based educational tools, and practical strategies to support schools and learning environments to develop a unique classroom approach and school culture with a focus on brain-based learning. Book before 1 January $570, regular rate $625. Find out more here.
Kodaly Music Education Institute of Australia is holding Kodaly Certificate training, Monday 8 January- Friday 12 January, 8:30am-4:30pm. This is the only Australian fully accredited and nationally recognised program of teacher training in the Kodaly approach. Email Dr Janelle Fletcher for further information Janelle.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blake Education has partnered with Crackerjack Education to bring you an online platform containing a huge selection of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander teaching resources including worksheets, videos, activities and guided lesson plans – all aligned to National Curriculum codes for Primary Years Foundation–Year 6. The website also provides the opportunity for Professional Development and Accreditation. By undertaking the Crackerjack Education training module, teachers receive certification evidence of completing 5 hours of professional development training for standards identified by the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL). You can trial the Crackerjack website with Free Resources or learn more about the Subscription packages for individuals, Professional Development and Schools.
How to teach Aboriginal Art is on at the Radford Auditorium at the Art Gallery of South Australia on Wednesday 17 January, 9:30am – 4:30pm. Educators $95 and pre-service educators $60. Book here.
- Creating Inclusive School Environments for Students on the Autism Spectrum a hands-on workshop that considers elements that contribute to an inclusive environment. Wednesday 24 January, 9:30am-4:00pm, members $165, non-members $175.
- Understanding the Autism Spectrum for anyone who lives or works with an individual on the autism spectrum. Wednesday 31 January, 9:30am – 12:30pm, members $85, non-members $90.
- Strategies to Support Individuals on the Spectrum where participants learn how to use a range of social, communication, behavioural and sensory strategies to support individuals on the spectrum. Wednesday 31 January, 1:00pm – 4:00pm, members $85, non-members $90.
All workshops are being held at Autism SA, 262 Marion Road, Netley. Find our more information here.
Little Lessons Australia presents:
- Mark Le Messurier Life-success Activities and Conversation Between Teachers and Students. Friday 19 January, 9:00am – 1:00pm at the South Adelaide Football Club, 1 Lovelock Drive, Noarlunga Downs. For more information or to book click here.
- Teaching 'Gateway' Skills to Reading Success: Phonological Awareness with Dr Karyn Carson. Wednesday 17 January, 8:30am-12:30pm, Flagstaff Hill Golf Club, Memford Way, Flagstaff Hill. For more information or to book click here.
The 2018 Psychology Summer Conference is a one 1 day intensive conference that allows science teachers to develop teaching methods and resources within the Psychology stream. Friday 19 January, 9:00am-4:00pm at the Education Development Centre, Milner Street, Hindmarsh. To find out more click here. To book, by 16 January, click here.
The University of Adelaide offers the Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults for people who are interested in teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) in Australia or overseas and wish to gain a qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Find out more information here.
Autism SA presents Happiness, Neuroharmony and the Predictive Mind a day long workshop which offers a new perspective on and provides techniques and strategies for effectively supporting people on the autism spectrum. Monday 26 February at the SAJC, 79 Morphett Road, Morphettville. Super early bird booking by 31 December - $230+GST or $260+GST before 31 January. Find out more or register here.