Professional learning opportunities
- Implementing ‘The Incredible 5-point Scale’ for Individuals on the Autism Spectrum. Wednesday 7 March, 9:30am-4:00pm, members $165, non-members $175.
- Positive Behaviour Support: Planning for Individuals on the Autism Spectrum. Wednesday 14 March, 9:30am-4:00pm, members $165, non-members $175.
Both workshops are being held at Autism SA, 262 Marion Road, Netley. Find out more information here.
The Primary Maths Association is holding the following workshops:
- Sat 24th Feb, 9-12noon, Making Mathematical Start in Preschool in 2018!
- Sat 3rd March, 9-12noon, What Measurement Matters in Preschool – How do we help children wonder about size?
- Sat 17th March, 9-12noon, Visualising in Preschool Mathematics.
Cost: Members $66, non-members $110 plus PMA membership.
- Mon 21st Feb, 4-6.30pm, Using Children’s Literature in Mathematics. Non-members $110 plus membership, members $66.
- Thurs 22nd Feb, 4-6.30pm, Times Tables – What are they all about? Non-members $110 plus membership, members $66.
- Mon 26th Feb AND Thurs 15th Mar 4-6.30pm, Visualising in Mathematics. Non-members $110 plus membership, members $88.
- Mon 5th Mar, 9-3pm, Exploring questions in a mathematics programme – where inquiry, problem solving, investigations and enthusiasm meet. Non-members $165 plus membership, members $132.
- Thurs 8th AND Thurs 15th March, 4-6.30pm, Using Inquiry as Catalyst for STEM Learning. Non-members $110 plus membership, members $88.
- Thurs 15th March, 9am-3pm, Developing Powerful Learners of and with Our Counting System. Non-members $165 plus membership, members $132.
- Sat 17th March, 9-12noon, Using Assessment to Inform Learning Progression in Mathematics. Visit the PMA website for costs.
All sessions are being held at the Education Development Centre, 4 Milner Street, Hindmarsh. Find out more on the PMA website or email email@example.com for more information.
The Mathematical Association of South Australia is holding a workshop with Dr James Tanton, The Power of Symmetry in Mathematics on Thursday 8 March, 4:15pm – 6:00pm, St Peter’s College Junior School. Cost is $10 pp. For more information or to register click here.
The Hartley Institute is holding Learning to self-regulate emotions and actions (children 2-6 years) on Monday 26 February, 4:15pm – 8:00pm. Dr Jo Fahey will conduct this interactive workshop on ways to guide children to greater self-regulation. The Hartley Institute, cnr Capper Street & The Parade, Kent Town. Cost $77. For more information, click here.
Gowrie SA is holding a Little Scientists Water Workshop on Thursday 1 March, 9:30am- 4:30pm at the Thebarton Community Centre. By participating in the Little Scientists professional development program offering a series of workshops, you will be empowered with STEM confidence and learn how to implement creative and fun discovery activities with the children in your care using affordable everyday materials and recycled items. Cost $112.50 pp. Book here.
Learning Journeys is holding the following workshops:
Early Career Educators
- Monday 26th February, 9.00-3.00pm, Creating and Maintaining a Supportive and Safe Learning Environment in 2018
- Sat 24th Feb, 9.00-12.00, Less Behaviour, More Learning
At the Education Development Centre, 4 Milner Street, Hindmarsh. Book here or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Little Lessons Australia is holding the following workshops:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder: recognition & assessment in the home and classroom – instructional practices for all ages. Wednesday 21 March, 4:00pm – 6:30pm. Cost $65-$70 pp. Book here by 5 March.
- Adolescent Mental/Emotional Health: an educational professional’s guide to supporting adolescents with emotional and mental health challenges. Tuesday 27 March, 4:30pm – 6:30pm. Cost $69-$74 pp. Book here by 9 March.