Professional learning opportunities
Microsoft Australia will be holding an Edumeet these school holidays. Learning sessions, run by teachers, will explore a range of strategies, ideas and tools followed by ignite sessions where teachers showcase what they’ve been doing in their own classrooms. Come along for a day of inspiration, collaboration and learning. Lunch and Morning Tea provided and it’s all FREE! If you’re keen to share an experience you can do so here. With Microsoft’s 365 having just been rolled out across all DFE schools, what are you waiting for? Tuesday 17 July, 09:00am-3:00pm at Flinders at Tonsley, 1284 South Road, Clovelly Park. Click here to register.
The Australian Association of Special Education (AASE) is a national organisation that advocates for quality educational programs and services for students with disability and special education needs. The South Australian Chapter of AASE is offering:
Grants of up to $1,500 for innovative programs that enhance the instructional environment and practices that:
- build staff capacity and link to sustainable programs;
- enable inclusive participation within the learning context;
- reflect the diversity of learners in curriculum design.
Successful applicants will also receive a school membership of AASE (SA) for one year.
For more information contact Ingrid Alderton, Department for Education, Special Education Resource Unit on 8235 2871 or Ingrid Alderton. Applications close Friday 17 August.
The Australia Association of Special Education SA (AASE SA) invites nominations for the AASE SA Teacher Award 2018. If you would like to nominate someone or would like further information please contact Angela Centofanti at Catholic Education SA. Nominations close on Friday 31 August 2018. Visit the AASE website for a nomination form and more information.
Novita is holding the following workshops:
All prices exclude GST & booking fee.
The Teaching Room is holding the following:
- Holding Difficult Conversations – with Andy Vass. Wednesday 8 August, 9:00am-12:30pm. To book, for pricing and further information click here.
- Coaching Unplugged – with Andy Vass. Wednesday 8 August 1:00pm-4:30pm. To book, for pricing and further information click here.
- Sanity in the Classroom – with Andy Vass. Thursday 9 August, 9:00am-4:30pm. To book, for pricing and further information click here.
All workshops are being held at the Education Development Centre, 2-4 Milner Street, Hindmarsh.
Special Education Planning is holding:
- Positive Behaviour Support: An Approach for Tricky Behaviours. Tuesday 26 June, 4:30pm-6:30pm at The Parks Theatre, Angle Park. Cost $50/$60 plus booking fee. For more information or to book click here.
- Children/ Students with Autism: Strategies for Educators. Tuesday 31 July, 4:30pm-6:30pm at Clare Town Hall. Cost $50/$60 plus booking fee. For more information or to book click here.
- Supporting Children/ Students with Delays through Evidence Based, Planned Instruction. Monday 20 August, 9:30am-3:30pm at Sophia Conference Centre, Cumberland Park. Cost $150/$170 plus booking fee. For more information or to book click here.
- Speech and Language: The Critical Link to Literacy. Monday 27 August, 4:30pm-6:30pm, Woodcroft/Morphett Vale Neighbourhood Centre. Cost $50/$60 plus booking fee. For more information or to book click here.
The Migration Museum is holding Wandering Wednesdays – Teacher Open Night on Wednesday 27 June, 4:30pm–6:00pm. Wander around the museum and explore the links between the Australian curriculum and the education programs. Learn how to integrate an education visit to the museum into your curriculum plan. Parking available upon request. Cost: free. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
Edufolios is running Reflective Practice for Learning & Growth – Using Tech to Save You Time in conjunction with Microsoft’s Troy Waller. Office 365 has just been rolled out by the Department for Education and there are a whole new set of tools to acquire. Learn more about Edufolios and reflective practice before hearing from Troy on the subject of Office 365 (including cloud computing) and how to use FORMS in Office 365 for assessment. The afternoon is reserved for collaborating with colleagues on HOW you’re going to use these new ideas you’ve gained. Wednesday 18 July, 09:00am-3:30pm, Level 12, 147 Pirie Street. Cost $25 includes morning tea. Click here to register.
Port Augusta: Positive Practical Behaviour Solutions Workshop Series by Dolly Bhargava.
- Developing Emotional Regulation Skills in Individuals with Anxious, Oppositional and Aggressive Behaviours: Monday 30 July, 11:00am-5:00pm. Cost: $220 inc GST. Find out more here.
- Assessing-Preventing-Managing Challenging Behaviours: Tuesday 31 July, 9:00am-3:00pm. Cost: $220 inc GST. Find out more here.
- Supporting Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Tuesday 31 July, 4:00pm-7:00pm. Cost $132 inc GST. Find out more here.
- Supporting Children Affected by Trauma: Wednesday 1 August, 8:30am-12:30pm. Cost $165 inc GST. Find out more here.
All workshops are being held at the Augusta Meeting Room, Central Oval Community Sporting Complex, 10 Augusta Terrace, Port Augusta. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0423 293 254.
Learning 4 All is holding Making Sense of the Seven Senses: Sensory processing disorders and their impact within the education setting - for teachers. Monday 2 July 9:00am-3.30pm at The Highway, 290 Anzac Highway, Plympton. Cost: $145. For more information and to register click here.
Visual Arts Educators SA is holding a holiday workshop An Interdisciplinary Approach to Arts Education. Friday 20 July, 9:00am-1:00pm at Blackfriars Priory School. Cost $50-$60. Suitable for R – 7 classroom teachers and primary principals. To find out more and to order tickets click here.
- Positive Behaviour Support Planning & Practical Strategies to Support. Friday 13 July, 9:30am-4:00pm, members $175, non-members $185.
- The Anxiety Curve: What to do when an individual on the spectrum is escalating. Wednesday 18 July, 9:30am-4:00pm, members $175, non-members $185.
- Supporting Students on the Autism Spectrum in High School. Wednesday 1 August, 9:30pm–4:00pm, members $175, non-members $185.
All workshops are being held at Autism SA, 262 Marion Road, Netley. Find out more information here.
The SA Science Teachers Association is holding STEM in the Hills a professional learning workshop for teachers R-10 and leaders involved in STEM disciplines. On Thursday 19 July, 9:00am-3:00pm at Oakbank Area School, 154 Onkaparinga Valley Road, Oakbank. Cost $85 includes lunch and morning tea. For registration and further details please email Kerensa Greenfield by 16 July.
The Australian Council for Health, Physical Education & Recreation SA (ACHPER) and the SA Science Teachers Association are holding a conference on Friday 20 July. At the Australian Science & Maths School and Flinders University, Bedford Park. Association members $180, non-members $250, student members $50, student non-members $60, graduate teacher members $140 and graduate teacher non-members $200. For more information click here and to book click here.
Visual Arts Educators SA (VAESA) is holding their annual conference Connecting with and Through Visual Arts on Friday 3 August at the Art Gallery of SA and Saturday 4 August at UniSA City West Campus. To find out more click here. Member cost for 2 days $170, non-members $215 (includes membership), member cost 1 day $120, non-members $165 (includes membership). Book here.