I’m an Australian teacher education graduate
Graduates in their final semester of studies may lodge an application for Teacher Registration. Please find the application form and guidelines here.
All students prior to graduating from an initial teacher education (ITE) program must pass the Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education (LANTITE).
A paperclip symbol appears in the application indicating the sections of the forms requiring supporting documents.
All supporting documents must be a correctly certified copy of the original document. All required documents other than the original must be certified copies. All copies must be certified by the same person, whether that is a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner for taking Affidavits or Notary Public or Proclaimed Police Officer.
All supporting documents must be in English. Documents not in English must be translated by a translator accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI). Documents not in English and the translation must be lodged with the application form.
The following list indicates the supporting documents required to be included in the application form
- full birth certificate
- photographic identity e.g. drivers licence or passport
- name change document if applicable e.g. deed poll certificate, marriage certificate or decree nisi
- unofficial statement of results for your teaching course if not yet completed
- Official academic transcript showing conferral or course completion for your completed undergraduate degree and post graduate degrees
- mandatory notification training certificate for the full day (7hr) training course
- English language test if applicable
- an overseas criminal history record check if applicable
- proof of identity to satisfy the minimum requirements for a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check
A Working with Children Check is now a mandatory requirement for anyone in South Australia who works with children. Find out more about this requirement here.
You will also need to provide payment of the appropriate fees.