I’m an Australian teacher education graduate
Graduates in their final semester of studies are required to lodge an Application form for Teacher Registration.
All new and current students prior to graduating from an initial teacher education (ITE) program in a Teachers Registration Board of South Australia accredited program from 1 January 2019 must pass the Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education (LANTITE).
A paperclip symbol appears in the application indicating the sections of the forms requiring supporting documents.
All supporting documents must be a correctly certified copy of the original document. An acceptable person to certify the documents is a Justice of the Peace.
All supporting documents must be in English. Documents not in English must be translated by a translator accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI). Documents not in English and the translation must be lodged with the application form.
The following list indicates the supporting documents required to be included in the application form
- full birth certificate
- photographic identity e.g. drivers licence or passport
- name change document if applicable e.g. deed poll certificate, marriage certificate or decree nisi
- unofficial statement of results for your teaching course if not yet completed
- Official academic transcript showing conferral or course completion for your completed undergraduate degree and post graduate degrees
- mandatory notification training certificate for the full day (7hr) training course
- English language test if applicable
- an overseas criminal history record check if applicable
- proof of identity to satisfy the minimum requirements for a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check
You will also need to provide payment of the appropriate fees.