Skip to Content


Certification of Documents

All required documents other than the original must be certified copies. Copies of original documents must be certified as a true and correct copy of the original by the same person, whether that is a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner for taking Affidavits or Notary Public or Proclaimed Police Officer or any other person of a class prescribed by the Oaths Regulations 2021 (Section 5).

Each document submitted for certification must be a photocopy with the original document available for sighting at the time of certification. In some circumstances the Board may require presentation of an original document.

If all documents have not been correctly certified, the application will not be accepted and will be returned to you.

Proof of identity for teacher registration

You must include a certified copy of both your full Birth Certificate and a document containing photographic identification (i.e. a passport or driver’s licence). You are also required to include certified copies of all name changes (e.g. marriage certificate, decree nisi or deed poll).

You will need additional documents to satisfy the Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check minimum identity requirements however you may also use the above documents to meet part of those ID requirements.

Refer to: Proof of Identity Documents - Information sheet

Translation of Documents into English

All documents not in the English language that are lodged as part of an application for teacher registration, must be submitted along with English translations. Attach the English translation to the foreign language document. All documents must be originals or certified copies.

English translations undertaken in Australia will only be accepted if completed by an accredited translator, that is, someone who has been accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters Ltd (NAATI).

English translations undertaken overseas will only be accepted if completed by an officially accredited or licensed translator or an officially recognised organisation.

For further information, contact the Board on: