Early Childhood Teacher Without an Eligible Evaluator
Teachers who are employed as Early Childhood Teachers in childcare centres are often the only registered teachers at their site. If this applies to you and you are eligible to apply to transition to (full) Registration you will need to apply under a modified transition process.
Please contact the Board’s Project Officers – Professional Teaching Standards to discuss this process before you begin.
Please note: Some long day care groups have an agreement in place with the Board for an appropriate registered person within their organisation to oversee these applications – please contact the Board if you are unsure.
Modified Application Process
The process will include:
- negotiating with the Director of your childcare centre/site even if they are not a fully registered teacher, as they will have knowledge of your teaching practice and are in the best position to fulfil the evaluator role
- sharing evidence to demonstrate that you are working at the Proficient level of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- obtaining a statement of service to verify the required satisfactory teaching service
- completing a Summary Record of Evidence document
- completing the Application to Transition from Provisional to (full) Registration and submitting it to the Board
- discussing your application in detail with the Board’s Project Officers – Professional Teaching Standards.