Skip to Content

Why do I have Provisional Registration? How do I gain (full) Registration?

The majority of teachers are first registered with Provisional Registration. To apply to transition to (full) Registration you need to have completed 200 days full-time (or the part-time equivalent) satisfactory teaching service within the past 5 years, and have achieved the Proficient level in each of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.

Once you have met those requirements you need to complete an Application to Transition from Provisional to (full) Registration. See our information about transition from Provisional to (full) Registration to find out more about the application process and when you should complete it.

See all Frequently Asked Questions…