Professional Practice for Renewal of (full) Registration
To renew your registration, you need to have completed the required number of days of teaching practice during your term of registration.
Teachers are required to work, at least, an average of 20 days per year (60 days across a three-year registration term and 100 days during the new five-year registration term) as a:
- teacher (including early childhood teacher);
- principal; or
- director (directors in Long Day Care and Out of School Hours Care services are exempt)
- school in Australia or New Zealand; or
- prescribed service in South Australia (including preschool and long day care)
Your days of employment as a teacher, principal or director must be completed in your current term of registration.
I have not undertaken the required days of employment
- haven’t been able to undertake the required number of days of employment as described above; and
- you meet all other renewal requirements (including professional learning)
you may be granted (full) Registration for a further term of five years with a notation on your Certificate of Teacher Registration which will advise that, over the five-year term; "100 days employment as a teacher under Part 5 of the Act to be verified".
View the Frequently Asked Questions about Professional Practice...