Skip to Content

Satisfactory Teaching Service for (full) Registration

To be eligible to apply for (full) registration you need to have undertaken at least one year of full-time (or part-time equivalent of 200 days) satisfactory teaching service within the five years prior to the date you lodge your application.

For registration purposes, teaching service is considered to be employment as a registered teacher at a school or pre-school setting in Australia or New Zealand.

Please note: registration must be recognised under Mutual Recognition.

These are the roles for which teacher registration is required by legislation. No other employment can be considered towards the requirements for (full) registration.

For your experience to be counted towards the teaching service required for (full) registration you must ensure that you are employed as stated above. Please check with your employer or request a statement of service from them if you are uncertain about how you are employed.

Statement of Service

When you lodge an Application to Transition from Provisional to (full) Registration you will need to attach one or more statements of service verifying your completion of at least one year of full-time (or the part-time equivalent of 200 days) satisfactory teaching service within the last five years.

If you have worked in more than one site it is expected that you will provide a statement of service from the site where your evaluation was completed. If this does not cover the required satisfactory teaching service you will need to provide statement/s of service from your other sites as well.

Statements of Service from SA government sites

All of your employment in SA government sites will be recorded by the South Australian Department for Education.

If you go to the Department for Education website and click the ‘Intranet’ button you will be directed to LearnLink. Once you have logged on to LearnLink, navigate to the Employee Information Kiosk (EIK). Within the EIK you can download your statement of service as a PDF file that can be printed and attached to your application.

If you are unable to access your statement of service this way, please contact the Department for Education for assistance.

Statements of Service from other employers

For employment in Catholic schools, independent schools, and long day care centres you will need to ask the appropriate person (e.g. Finance Officer, Human Resources Officer, Deputy Principal, Director) at each site for a statement of service.

The statement of service needs to be printed on the site’s official letterhead and reflect:

  • Your full name and registration number
  • Your position title/s
  • Start date, end date, and fraction of time (FTE) for each of your appointments (temporary relief teaching service can be reflected as the total number of TRT days worked per year)
  • Any periods of leave without pay taken during your employment
  • Name, title and dated signature of the person who prepared the statement.

If you are teaching in another Australian state or territory or in New Zealand please check with the relevant local authority about gaining a statement of service from your employer/s.